Please note: This page contains information on student registration, and also becoming a catechist (teacher). Please scroll down for all items. Thank you
Erika Rowland & Jessica Daniels sponsor their favorite first communicants!
2017-18 School of Religion Registration
Registration for 2017-18 SOR will be July 29 and 30. On July 29, we will be in the parish hall after the 5:00 pm Mass. On July 30, we will be in the hall from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. If this is the first time your child has registered, please bring the baptism certificate and birth certificate with you to registration.
All families should be registered parishioners of St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church.
Registration Fees: $35/per child, with a maximum of $90 per family; children receiving First Communion in 2018, or children beginning Confirmation Year 1 in 2017 must also pay an additional $20 per child. Sacramental prep for these children requires additional resources.
Payments: Online, or by cash or check. If there is a financial hardship in making your payment, we can set up monthly payments for you. We ask that you put half down as a deposit, or let us know of any difficulties. We are here to help you!
The following are the registration forms to complete. It is important to print and sign the parent permission slip, too:
For calendar, and other information about our program, please check the links on the right side of this page.
How do I register my child?
- The tuition cost for each student is $35 per child, with a maximum of $100 per household family. Families who are not registered with the parish, but desire religious education for their children, must pay an additional $100 per family, and only on availability.
- First Communion and Confirmation students will also pay an additional $20 for special materials they need.
- SOR Sessions are on Wednesdays 6:30-7:45 pm, or Sundays 11:05 am-12:20 pm (we meet when the 10:00 Mass ends).
- If the grade you desire does not have a teacher, please consider placing your child in the other session. You can try it and see if it works for your schedule. We encourage children to participate in SOR in all grades.
- We have 3 different ways to pay; cash, check or online.
What does it take to become a catechist (teacher)?
Parents should consider volunteering in the SOR program as a catechist. Many people hesitate because they are afraid they “don’t know enough”. If you are a practicing Catholic, following the beliefs and doctrines of the Church and attend Mass regularly, then you are qualified. We provide teacher’s manuals which clearly set forth lesson plans. It takes about an hour of planning to make a good lesson. If you are not sure you can lead a class, try being an assistant. You will not believe how your own faith is enhanced, as well as being a blessing to our kids. Parents who wish to teach or assist in the classroom do not pay tuition for their kids.
The lead teacher is responsible for the class and the lesson plans. The assistant helps the teacher, and fills in for him/her when she cannot be in the classroom. Many teachers and assistants work together to teach the class – we are flexible in our teaching plans!