Please note: This page contains information on student registration, and also becoming a catechist (teacher). Please scroll down for all items. Thank you
Erika Rowland & Jessica Daniels sponsor their favorite first communicants!
2018-19 School of Religion Registration
Registration will be held on Sunday, August 5 from 10am to 12:30 pm; Wednesday, August 8 at 6:00 pm (before and after the Spanish Mass), and Saturday, August 11 at 6:00 pm (after the Vigil Mass). If your child is new to SOR at St. Paul, please bring their baptism certificates.
Classes begin September 5 for Wednesday session and September 9 for Sunday session.
All families should be registered parishioners of St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church. If you are not registered and still desire classes, there will be an additional fee.
Registration Fees: $40/per child, with a maximum of $100 per family; children receiving First Communion in 2019, or teens beginning Confirmation Year 1 in 2018 must also pay an additional $20 per child. Sacramental prep for these children requires additional resources.
Payments: Online, or by cash or check. If there is a financial hardship in making your payment, we can set up monthly payments for you. We ask that you put half down as a deposit, or let us know of any difficulties. We are here to help you!
The following are the registration forms to complete. It is important to print and sign the parent permission slip, too:
If you would like to pay your tuition online, please use this link:
For calendar, and other information about our program, please check the links on the right side of this page.
How do I register my child?
- The tuition cost for each student is $40per child, with a maximum of $100 per household family. Families who are not registered with the parish, but desire religious education for their children, must pay an additional $50 per family, and only on availability.
- First Communion and Confirmation Year 1 students will also pay an additional $20 for special materials they need.
- SOR Sessions are on Wednesdays 6:30-7:45 pm, or Sundays 11:05 am-12:20 pm (we meet when the 10:00 Mass ends).
- If the grade you desire does not have a teacher, please consider placing your child in the other session. You can try it and see if it works for your schedule. We encourage children to participate in SOR in all grades.
- We have 3 different ways to pay; cash, check or online.
What does it take to become a catechist (teacher)?
Parents should consider volunteering in the SOR program as a catechist. Many people hesitate because they are afraid they “don’t know enough”. If you are a practicing Catholic, following the beliefs and doctrines of the Church and attend Mass regularly, then you are qualified. We provide teacher’s manuals which clearly set forth lesson plans. It takes about an hour of planning to make a good lesson. If you are not sure you can lead a class, try being an assistant. You will not believe how your own faith is enhanced, as well as being a blessing to our kids. Parents who wish to teach or assist in the classroom do not pay tuition for their kids.
The lead teacher is responsible for the class and the lesson plans. The assistant helps the teacher, and fills in for him/her when she cannot be in the classroom. Many teachers and assistants work together to teach the class – we are flexible in our teaching plans!
Beginning this Fall, we will be having parent education classes, too! In these busy times, this will help parents understand what their children are learning. More information will be posted on this later in the summer.