Mourning the Lives of 55 Million Children…through 40 years of Abortion
White County Chapter Leader: Antonella Skinner 954-330-8821 firstname.lastname@example.org
- there is a strong ministry the US Catholic Bishops has launched this year. However, it needs to be a separate ministry from Respect Life. I would like to know if anyone would like to lead Walking with Moms in Need. In the below newsletter you will learn more. If you are interested, please call me at 954-330-8821. If we do not get any volunteers, we will see about making it part of Respect Life Ministry.
- The Knights of Columbus order “Vote for Life” signs. I have them with me. We need high traffic areas where to place them. Thank you to Melissa Sheppard for letting us place a couple on Town Creek and Whisky Still Road. If anyone has land or a business off of one of our main roads (129, 115 or any high traffic area), please let me know and I will give you a sign.
More Information Below!
Respect Life Activities
Educating: The Respect Life Ministry conducts four quarterly educational events for the parish and community. Recent topics have included Natural Procreative Technology and exposing Planned Parenthood’s war on women.
Informing: The Respect Life Ministry keeps parishioners up to date on pro-life topics, such as abortion, contraception, euthanasia, and embryonic stem cell research; how the Church leadership assists in building a society based on the “culture of life”.
Activating: The Respect Life Ministry co-sponsors and coordinates the local observance of the Annual National Life Chain Sunday in October. At this event, we gather around the square in Cleveland with people of many faiths to prayerfully serve and defend the lives of unborn children, witness the sanctity of life and protest abortion.
Spirituality: The Respect Life Ministry sponsors the annual Pro-Life Rosary and Mass on the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, January 22.
Time & Talent Offerings
Talent – What can you offer? Let us know! Conduct a self-assessment of your talents. Do you have a little time to help your parish?
- Are you a passingly good public speaker (keeping in mind conviction is more effective than elocution abilities)?
- Can you create flyers?
- Are you a “people person”?
- Can you pray?
- Can you just lend a hand?
Time – as much or as little as you can offer:
- Monthly ministry meetings – 1 hour
- Assisting with quarterly educational events; planning, publicizing and helping on the day
- Annual Life Chain on the Square
- Roe vs. Wade Memorial Rosary and Mass
Excellent Pro-Life Resources
National Right to Life: www.nrlc.org
Priests for Life: www.priestsforlife.org
Forty Days for Life: www.40daysforlife.com
Americans United for Life-AUL: www.aul.org
Concerned Women for America: www.cfa.org
Focus on the Family Heartlink: www.heartlink.org
Silent No More Awareness Campaign: www.silentnomoreawareness.org
Optionline: www.optionline.org for referrals for someone to talk to about an unexpected pregnancy
Life News: www.lifenews.org